Dates have been set up for staff Mandt Training beginning September 25, 2014 for Recertification. Please click on the Mandt Training tab for specific training dates and more information.
Principals will be selecting staff to attend. If you have questions about attending, please address your concerns through your principal.
Certified Mandt Instructor
Please join us for the final SEAC meeting for this school year,
Monday, June 16, 2014- 5:30 p.m. at the Parent Resource Center
(located behind the OLD Bowling Green Elementary School in the trailer)
We will review the school year at this meeting and make plans for next school year.
Why do we do all of this??? See the VA regulations excerpt below:
The special education regulations pertaining to local SEACs provide a great deal of flexibility to localities as they implement this requirement. The regulations at 8 VAC 20-81-230 D state that:
D. A local advisory committee for special education, appointed by each local school board, shall advise the school board through the division superintendent.
- A majority of the committee shall be parents of children with disabilities or individuals with disabilities.
- The committee shall include one teacher.
- Additional local school division personnel shall serve only as consultants to the committee.
2. The functions of the local advisory committee shall be as follows:
- Advise the local school division of needs in the education of children with disabilities;
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities;
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the division superintendent for transmission to the local school board;
- Assist the local school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities for educational services;
- Review the policies and procedures for the provision of special education and related services prior to submission to the local school board; and
- Participate in the review of the local school division’s annual plan, as outlined in subdivision B.2. of this section.
3. Public notice shall be published annually listing the names of committee members and including a description of ways in which interested parties may express their views to the committee.
4. Committee meetings shall be held at least four times in a school year and shall be open to the public.
Meeting updates can be found on: http://prc.blogs.ccps.us/
SEAC email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All meetings are open to the public
SEAC = Special Education Advisory Committee
The major purpose of SEACs is to provide an opportunity for parents, families and other school board appointees to have a voice in the way school divisions provide services to students with disabilities. SEACs are extensions of local school boards since members are appointed by them, and SEACs provide reports and recommendations to their school boards.
Tell a teacher or any school staff how much you appreciate their hard work.
Thank you Teachers!!!!!!!
We will have extended hours at the PRC to help you get ready for the summer for all grade levels and to prepare your child for kindergarten.
Tuesday’s June 3rd and June 10th Kindergarten Boot-Camp
12 noon– 7 p.m. At the PRC!
Get ready for Kindergarten!
Summer activities for ALL Grades