News from the Caroline County Public Schools – Parent Teacher Resource Center
Mark your Calendar
- The Ausome Saturday at the Ashland Theatre – program is geared toward families who have a child/children with special sensory needs and their siblings and friends. The program offers a family, monthly, four free tickets to come and watch the Ausome Saturday movie. Special adaptations are made to make the viewing experience more sensory friendly. Details are on the flyer. To participate all someone has to do to reserve their space(seat) is call the designated phone number on the flyer, 804-401-7007, ext. 210, leave their name, phone number, and number of seats needed (up to 4 per family). Typically, several days before the Ausome Saturday movie, anAshland Theatre staff person will call them back to confirm the reservation. Then all the family need to do is show up for the movie, confirm their reservation, and enjoy the show! FLYER ATTACHED!
- December 28th, 12 noon – Star Wars, The Rise of Skywalker
- VDOE is excited to share that they now have the ability to send information and updates directly to families. This month’s main focus will be Family Engagement in Education Month. Families can sign up to receive these messages by clicking here: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/. ‘Sign up for emails’ is at the bottom of the page.
- Support on Face Book
Did you know that Child Mind Institute has a number of Face Book groups dedicated to supporting and connecting parents and caretakers? Simply search Child Mind Institute on FB and click on ‘groups’. They currently host Girls with ADHD, Selective Mutism, Disruptive Behavior and Childhood Anxiety.
- How Anxiety Leads to Disruptive Behavior
Kids who seem oppositional are often severely anxious. Click the link above to read Caroline Miller’s article on Child Mind.org. In it, she discusses how anxiety can manifest in a surprising variety of ways.
- Two-Day Workshop to learn how to apply trauma-informed care principles in the early diagnosis of hearing loss in children –
WHEN? Thursday, January 30, 2020 – Friday, January 31, 2020 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
WHERE? Michaux House 1133 West Franklin St. Richmond, VA, Virginia 23220
REGISTER BY JANUARY 21, 2020 FREE FOR PARENTS